domingo, 16 de enero de 2011

So this is where it gets tricky...




January started with a tight schedule. “If Mohammed doesn’t go to the mountain, then the mountain must go to Mohammed” so instead of spending Christmas break in Mexico with my family, some of them decided to come here. The itinerary is as follows:

30 Dec 2010 Flight back from Budapest to Amsterdam
31 Dec 2010 Aunt Gloria and Lupita (hereinafter Team 1) arrive in Amsterdam
1 Jan 2011 Cousin Ale and friends (hereinafter Team2) arrive in Amsterdam.
Both teams and I get together and so some touristic activities in and around Amsterdam which include trips to Volendam, Marken and Zaanse Schans (highly recommended).
4 Jan 2011 ‘Run for your life’ to catch the bus to Brugge
5 Jan 2011 Off to Paris mon amour. Both teams are still participating.
8 Jan 2011 Team 2 changes course and goes to Madrid. Team 1 and myself go to Rome instead.

Let the Italian tour begin:
Rome goes first followed by a brief stay in Florence, after which a small yet exhausting stop in Siena takes place, to catch up with lost time, it is necessary to take the new fast train (Frecciarossa) to Milan, where a visit to the Duomo, a photoshoot in Parco Sempione, gelato at Chocolat and dinner with my friends are a must.

14 Jan 2011: I fly back to Amsterdam from Milan. Team 1 continues the eurotrip trough Venice and Vienna for the weekend, Team 2 finished theirs and are waiting for me to arrive in Amsterdam Central Station, their flight back to Mexico leaves tomorrow.
20:15 pm flight easyjet EZY2729 from Milan Malpensa lands on Schipol Ariport.

Where are we?

Oh yes, I step out of the plane and walk towards the belt to pick up my luggage, carrying the huge carry on with nearly 30 liters of lemoncello, my laptop, books, an Italian coffee maker requested by my mother and several other souvenirs, just to realize that I left my passport on the plane.

On a damage-control-mode I run to the lost luggage counter and ask for assistance, they call the people that are supposed to clean the airplane and tell me it hasn’t come out yet, but that they are now boarding because the plane is going back to Milan in 10 minutes (yes they are boarding the plane which I just left 5 min ago) which makes me realize these people never really clean those damned planes!!!!

I decide to wait until the flight departs just to make sure nobody noticed it and gave it to the airport security personnel, but time goes by and nothing happens. So I leave Schipol airport crying my heart out for abandoning my 7-year-old-filled-with-stamps passport on a crappy low cost airline seat with the risk of being sat on by some fat lady who eats too many gelatos. But I can’t afford to investigate more because Team 2 is waiting for me.

What do you do when you loose your passport?? According to the airline there is a chance I might get it back in a 10 day period or so. The other possibility is to get a new one from the embassy. The problem is that January doesn’t end here and what comes is a bit more intense.

So this is where it gets tricky…

15 Jan 2011 Team 2 leaves for Mexico on the KLM flight and my mom arrives around 30 min before also on KLM, which means they will use the same plane and it certainly won’t be as clean as they claim it to be.

17 Jan 2011 Team 1 goes by bus from Vienna to Budapest where my mom and I will meet them for the continuation of the eurotrip staying at Atti’s house with his family.

Which means that I have to find a solution by Mondayin order to avoid making more difficult the family trip by sending my family to a house with people they don’t know with the exception of my boyfriend. All while studying for my LPIO exam that pretty much decides whether I stay or not on the UVA, which is going to take place also on monday at 2 pm.

Perfect timing, at least I got Attila to call my mom who was leaving for the airport to bring me my birth certificate for a potential new passport, I would’ve called her myself but I blocked my phone earlier that day trying to top up my credit in Italy.

These are the options so far:
1.- Get my beloved passport back
2.- Get a new passport from the embassy in Den Haag by Monday before 2 pm to be able to attend my exam.
3.- Travel illegally with a night train through Germany hoping nobody will ask for my passport.
4.- None of the above and remain in Diemen.

I dont even look good I just miss it.If anybody has seen my passport, please send it back I need it ASAP. Thanks.

No hay comentarios: